Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of improving the ranking of your website in search engine results in order to increase traffic to your website over time.
SEO is one of the most cost-effective forms of web advertising. A well optimised website with high ranking Search Engine results will last long after the initial investment is made. You won’t stop benefiting as soon as your campaign ends – you will receive continued free traffic from Search Engines.
The benefits of SEO
- High Return on Investment (ROI) – Rand for Rand, SEO brings you a higher return on your investment and is more cost effective than any comparable form of marketing.
- Long Term Positioning – Once in place, a properly designed and optimised site should stay long term in the organic rankings when compared to PPC (paid placements in the search engine results, where you pay per click from Google to your website). PPC advertising is where costs and outlay are ongoing, and can be expensive in highly competitive industries.
- Fixed Costs – The cost of SEO is relatively fixed, independent of click volume. Effectively, the cost per click from SEO declines through time after the initial optimisation costs, and tend to lower the ongoing optimisation costs.
- Customer Acquisition / Targeted Traffic – Searches are demand-driven, so anybody referred from a search engine is hoping that your web page matches their search query. If it does, and you show them all the information they need to see, they may well become your next customer.
- Increased Brand Visibility – SEO can give your brand a high international profile for a comparatively low outlay.
- More Sales – SEO and conversion optimisation can mean increased sales of your product or service.
- Repeat Business – Customers referred from search engines tend to stick around for longer. Increase customer lifetime revenues via SEO.
- Promotion that Doesn’t Sleep – It’s like having your own marketing and promotions company working exclusively for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- Focus on Accessibility & Usability – A properly optimised site is an exercise in designing a best practice website. This makes for a healthier, more accessible website – accessible for Google’s crawlers to index and correctly categorise. This also makes searching for your services and products a whole lot easier. Observing basic optimisation guidelines should mean that visitors have a more pleasant user experience.
Getting your website ranked at the top of a Google search for your target keywords can be difficult. There are a few basic principles of SEO and many free DIY website tools, but often an SEO specialist is needed to optimise the website effectively in order to make it more user-friendly, relevant to search engine keyword queries, and improve the general quality of the entire site. This is what will get you ahead of your competitors.
Fusspots SEO Approach: Superior Website Content
There is no way to pay search engines for high rankings in natural* results, they only reward websites that meet certain quality criteria, with high rankings. Search engines rely on the link structure of the Internet to rank web pages, based on the assumption that the more other websites link to a specific web page, the higher the quality and relevance of the content on that page. The more useful, relevant and/or interesting users find your website content, the more links you will attract to your website, and the higher your web pages will rank. Fusspots SEO focus is therefore on the superiority of a website’s content.
Learn more about the services available from Fusspot on our SEO services page or Contact us for more information about the sign up process and costs.
*For immediate search engine results and/or short term online advertising campaigns, we are also qualified specialists of AdWords PPC (paid search engine advertising on Google).
How long does it take to get results from SEO?
How long it will take before SEO improves your visiblity in the organic search results pages (SERPs) depends on a number of factors, such as the competitiveness of your industry and keywords; how much content is already on the site; and whether your site is new or considered an authority. Improvements in rankings may be noticed within days or weeks of the SEO being implemented, however, it can take months to reach first page rankings.